First time visitors can find more information HERE.
On Sunday, Dec. 16th, we will observe the Peace of the Solstice. The Rev. Dr. Kelly Murphy Mason will lead worship, assisted by Rachel Cottone, Worship Associate. The UU Wellesley Hills Choir will sing Randall Thompson's setting of Robert Frost's poem, "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening,” accompanied by Suzanne Cartreine, Director of Music. Religious Education classes begin after an Intergenerational Opening. Childcare is available for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers during worship. The service begins at 10:30am in the Sanctuary. Fellowship Hour follows. All are welcome—please join us!
Sunday’s service will be Live-streamed online beginning at 10:15am. Be there even if you can’t be here!
While all of us focus on our Christmas plans, the migrants held at the border can only focus on the answers to two critical questions. First, will they be one of the lucky ones who will be allowed to enter the USA? And, second, even if permitted to enter, will they be granted the right to remain?
The UU Service Committee (UUSC)—OUR social justice organization—is on the border, partnering with on-the-ground groups, doing what it can to be of help:
· Providing emergency supplies, such as backpacks, shoes and clothing
· Offering free humanitarian phone calls to detainees
· Accompanying migrants from Mexico City to the US-Mexico border
· Collecting supplies for mobile teams of volunteer lawyers
· Coordinating UU ministers to accompany the migrants and help out at the border
What can we to be of help?
· We can give generously when the collection plate is passed.
· We can write post cards of hope to the migrants. During Fellowship Hour on December 16, please stop by the UUSC table in Parish Hall, where you will find cards, suggested words of encouragement, and even Spanish translations of positive messages. It’s easy to do, will warm your heart, and, most importantly, it may provide a bit of comfort to those on a difficult journey. Please do your part to make a difference.
Register your child(ren) for RE, if you haven’t already, HERE.